We all know we are supposed to apply sunscreen when we are outside, but what is it really protecting us from? UVA, UVB, UVC, and IR rays are all damaging to our skin. When you're not wearing sunscreen on a daily basis to help protect your skin's health, UVA and UVB rays can cause skin reddening, brown spots, accelerated skin aging, and increase your risk of skin cancer. UVA - stands for Ultraviolet A or " UV Aging Rays". These rays cause long term skin damage and photo-aging. UVB - stands for Ultraviolet B or "UV Burning Rays". These rays are the cause of a sunburn. UVB rays are the common cause of most skin cancers. UVC - stands for Ultraviolet C. It is the strongest and most deadly of solar rays, however the ozone layer stops these from reaching the Earth. IR or Infrared Rays- these rays penetrate the deepest into the skin causing the skin to lose elasticity. Here are a few things to remember when protecting yourself.
- Look at your sunscreen ingredients and make sure you see titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning beds.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Apply 2 tbs of sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside; reapply every 80 minutes or after swimming or sweating.
- Sun Protection Factor (SPF) measures a sunscreen's effectiveness in preventing a sunburn in relation to the length if time spent in the sun.
- Schedule a yearly visit with your dermatologist for a complete skin exam.
With Summer fast approaching there is no better time to slim your waist, loose that muffin top, and tighten your thighs. Am I right? The Vanquish can do just that! This non-invasive fat reduction treatment uses multi-focused radio frequency to reduce fat in a specific area by eliminating your fat cells. Once a fat cell is eliminated it will never regenerate therefore you results are long lasting. Vanquish is FDA approved to treat the stomach, flanks, lower and upper back, and thighs. If you are 10-15 pounds away from your ideal weight or have areas with stubborn fat pockets that just won't go away with diet and exercise, this is the treatment for you. So it back and relax while letting the Vanquish do all the work! This month with any Vanquish treatment you will receive a free Skinceuticals Body Tightening Concentrate to help enhance your results.